At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a Software Consultant in St. Augustine, FL.
The Software Consultant provides NMC with a variety of support services including inventory database management, data system entry, system programming, such as SAP. The position requires the ability to interpret problems and provide technical support for various OEM hardware, software, and systems.
•Installing, modifying, cleaning, and repairing computer hardware and software on regular intervals as required to maintain system efficiency
•Respond to telephone calls and e-mail messages from client organizations looking for help with computer problems. In responding to these inquiries, careful attention and listening skills are necessary, as well as asking questions to diagnose the nature of the problem, and then patiently walking the user through the problem-solving steps
•Supporting upgrades, development, and implementation of new functionality to the system as NMC needs evolve
•Ensuring systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan.
• Ensuring that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS.
• Reporting all security-related incidents
• Developing and maintaining Security Plans (SP).
• Conducting periodic reviews to ensure compliance with the SSP.
• Ensuring Configuration Management (CM) for security-related IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented.
• Ensuring that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored.
• Ensuring all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
• Ensuring that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle.
• Authorizing software, hardware, and firmware use before implementation on the system.
•Perform and send to proper personnel security scans on the system
•Review log files and audit records to ensure security of the system
• o Follow up on outstanding request and ensure timely resolution
o Comply with organizational policy and procedures relating to new accounts, IT security training, etc
o Support CCTV system
o Pull cable for new site or office setupsEx
o Support A/V equipment
o Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records